“Equipping parents and educators to experience happy, healthy children and relationships… on purpose!”
Lillian Reekie is a highly sought after speaker, author of 6 books, qualified teacher and mother of two adult sons. She is passionate about equipping parents with tools and strategies to help them parent their challenging children for happy, healthy and loving relationships.
- To empower the public with a balanced and truthful understanding of their family’s toxic exposure hidden in many everyday foods, medications and household products.
- To assist parents to make more informed decisions about everyday choices for their families.
- To empower parents and educators to be positive role models and develop happy and healthy relationships with their children.
- To assist parents and teachers with helpful tips and tools to positively attract the types of relationships they desire with children.
- To impact all children and adolescents positively by assisting and educating the adult influencers.
Lillian Reekie lives on the Gold Coast in Queensland. She is happily married to husband Andrew and has two adult sons; Nathan and Caleb. Lillian is a trained primary school teacher who taught at various levels in the school system for about seventeen years. (Degree of Bachelor of Arts in Education) Lillian has been educating families for over fifteen years through her books, resources, seminars, workshops and programs as a parenting strategist.
In 1993 Lillian’s youngest son was born with some concerning health challenges. After seeing many different health professionals they all seemed to agree that her son suffered from a condition known as ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder), combined with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). Her son was aggressive, hyperactive, defiant and just a constantly challenging child. With the health and behaviour challenges experienced her son, Lillian and her husband started a journey to set about trying to find the answers.
Everywhere they looked the medical profession told them that their son needed to be medicated. At that point in their journey they weren’t ready to follow their recommendations. In the case of their son’s ODD/ADHD they just had an intuitive insight, a little voice inside that said, ‘there must be a better way’
After he was diagnosed they did much research into the condition and the treatments that were available. There were too many side effects from the drugs, much of which they personally weren’t prepared to risk. So, not being prepared to take the ‘medical’ route they spent several years gathering and sorting through information that would help with their son’s hyperactivity and aggression.
After many trials and tribulations, what initially started off as an act of self-preservation for Lillian’s family turned into her burning passion. From that experience she wrote my first book ‘Hidden Dangers’. In this book
Lillian share’s all of the years of research and reading, plus what she and her family actually implemented into a condensed down and easy to follow format.
The Hidden Dangers book and code breaker helps people to make more informed choices about the products they use in their homes. Although Lillian’s research initially was to overcome ADHD, the information that she came to unravel was relevant to everyone, young and old.
After running the Hidden Dangers seminar with her husband Andrew for 18 months or so, she started getting constant requests. Lots of people were saying – “How do I explain this to my husband, sister, wife, kids ……?”
She didn’t dream that something that she wanted to share out of passion would be grasped so strongly by so many people in need. In writing Hidden Dangers, Lillian shares her story as a mum faced with a challenge who thought there had to be alternative solutions to help her son.
‘Hidden Dangers’, a guide to making your home a safer, happier and healthier environment, was first written in 2003. It covers information on our four step system, including food and additives, toxins in the home, nutritional and health support and positive self-image. It was updated with further information in 2004 and 2007.
Lillian has gone on to write 5 further books since where she continues to share with readers her 20 plus year journey.
‘The Best Me I Can Be’ is a personal development work book for children and teenagers and was written in 2005. Its aim is to foster a healthy self-esteem and self-image. This can be used by older children individually or with a parent or teacher for younger children.
‘The Revolting Child; A Blessing in Disguise’ is about their family’s rollercoaster journey and was written in 2009. The foreword is written by Caleb (their son) who was then aged 15 and gives a great testimony to how far their family had come. This book gives other families who may be experiencing similar challenges hope!
Book number four; ‘If You Want Kids to Co-operate… Just Ask’ is a positive parenting guide and was written in 2010. This book has great information for parents and teachers including 36 comprehensive and useful parenting tips all used by Lillian’s family and tried and tested. This book also includes a chapter from Gold Coast Naturopath Nathan Davis (Beyond Good Health Robina).
The fifth book, ‘The Best Parent I Can Be’ was written in 2012. This is a workbook to be used by parents or teachers and is based on ‘The Law of Attraction’. It gives great tips, ideas and practical activities to empower parents and teachers to attract the most positive family relationships. This is the work book that the one day workshop and DVD is based on.
The latest book ‘The Best Teacher I Can Be’ is the 6th book, written in 2013. This is the third book in the ‘Best I Can Be’ series and is more specifically aimed at teachers and other educators. It has information about conditions such as ADHD, ADD, ODD, ASD, dyslexia, Indigo and Crystal children. It also has twenty teaching tips to assist teachers to enjoy happy children and classrooms.
IN THE PUBLIC EYE
- In the last ten plus years Lillian and Andrew have conducted many hundreds of seminars and workshops to thousands of people across Australia. These have ranged from audiences of twenty or so to several hundreds. There is a professional DVD recording of the Hidden Dangers seminar which was recorded in Adelaide in 2007 in front of an audience of almost 500 people.
- Lillian has also conducted online parenting workshops where parents around the country participated in a weekly workshop which included webinars on both Health and Parenting. These sessions also involved Naturopath Nathan Davis who assisted with the children’s (and parents) physical health.
- Lillian currently conducts 3 hour seminars and 8 hour intensive workshops (also on DVD) for parents, carers and teachers.
- Lillian also currently runs a parenting program which includes 1 on 1 strategy sessions, all of her resources and books and a Naturopathic RBTI test and consultation.
- Lillian has a large group of people who have followed her journey with Caleb and have purchased and utilised all of her materials and books.
- Lillian has spoken at many seminars with other authors and health professionals including the Woodford Festival and Health & Lifestyle Expo’s.
- Lillian speaks to school and community groups and parents and also coaches individual parents.
IN THE MEDIA
- Lillian has been interviewed on many radio stations across Australia about her books and the work that she does. She has been interviewed on over 50 radio programs over the years.
- Lillian is a member of a parenting specialist panel on radio PuggleFM.
- Lillian has appeared in several magazines and newspaper articles about her seminars and books.
- Lillian has written articles for magazines, blogs and various parenting websites.
- Lillian has been filmed and interviewed for several documentary style programs.
- Lillian has been contacted and featured on TV nationally including local news programs and ‘Today Tonight’ on two occasions.
Lillian invites you to get in touch with her to take advantage of her complimentary 30 minute consultation. Let Lillian help you find your path to happier, healthier children and parents.